Peak District Walking with Sightseeing Holiday
On This Peak District Walking with Sightseeing Holiday, take time to discover the landscape and heritage of the Peak District with this perfect mix of guided walks with sightseeing visits. Each holiday visits a selection of museums, historic buildings and attractions, whose entrance is optional.
8 Days | Classic Luxury Holidays
This itinerary features unforgettable experiences:
- Walk along the impressive gritstone escarpment of Froggatt and Curbar Edges
- Visit Chatsworth House, with its magnificent Capability Brown gardens
- Walk along the magical limestone gorge of Dove Dale
- Explore the pseudo-alpine village of Ilam
- Walk across the moors to Buxton, renowned for its Georgian and Victorian architecture
- Discover the industrial heritage of the Peak District on a canal and railway walk
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Arkwright’s Mill
This trip is graded Activity Level 2. Walks up to 5½ miles (9km) with up to 700 feet (220m) of ascent. Walking generally on good paths; some days have sections on rough moorland tracks which may be muddy in place.
Chatsworth House • Dovedale • Buxton • Arkwright’s Mill • Eyam • Froggatt Edge
“There’s no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong type of clothing!” goes the adage. Come prepared for all eventualities and you’ll walk in comfort and safety. Britain’s famous for its changeable weather, so here’s our advice on what to wear and bring.
- Waterproof walking boots providing ankle support and good grip.
- A waterproof jacket and over-trousers
- Gloves and a warm hat (it can be chilly at any time of the year)
- Water bottle (at least 1-liter capacity)
- A small torch (everywhere in winter, year-round in mountains)
- Sun hat and sunscreen
Denim jeans and waterproof capes are not suitable for any walks.
- Several layers of clothing, which can be added or removed.
- Specialist walking socks to avoid blisters.
- A first aid kit including plasters
- Sit mat (insulated-pad to sit on when you stop for a break)
You Might Also Want
- Walking poles, particularly useful for descents
- Insect repellent
- Flask for hot drinks
- Rigid lunch box
- Blister kit (eg Compeed) just in case
- Waterproof rucksack liner
- Froggatt and Curbar Edges
- Chatsworth House
- Capability Brown gardens
- Dove Dale
- Pseudo-alpine village of Ilam
- Peak District
- Arkwright's Mill